Suddenly September...

Wow, did it sneak up on anyone else like it did me? I can't believe it's the 4th already. Where did summer go?! Rex and I are here just relaxing after another fun filled Labor Day weekend. It started with a trip up to the cabin seeing family and company, which was a good time as always. I say it every year, but we really need to make it up there more often during the summer. Maybe next year? A summer of no classes and just work, yay! So after a late night of beer pong, and Rex and Trevor beating almost everyone who challenged them, we woke up at 6:30 and were on our way to Detroit to watch our first ever game at Comerica Park. Unfortunately, I forgot my digital camera this weekend, go figure, so we have no pics. Although the Tigers did pull off the win, 6-2. We also got a reminder of the true meaning of Labor Day, as the Labor Day parade was going on in downtown Detroit with local unions representing everyone from the teachers to the road workers. :) All in all an excellent weekend as usual, although we are beat. 3 hours down to Detroit then 2 hours to get back to Grand Rapids, plus the lack of sleep is catching up. Thankfully I have the day off from classes tomorrow too! For some reason Grand Valley likes to give us the Tuesday off as well...no complaints here! So I'll be unpacking (still, I know, I know) job hunting, reading the Odyssey (again) and catching some well needed winks. Next Wednesday we get our engagement pics taken! YAY! :) We'll definitely post them when we get the chance...

2 Comments:

  1. Britta said...
    Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm sorry I had to miss out on the cabin fun...there's always next year! Yup, I'm still pregnant and waiting with baited breath for the moment of labor to begin! :) Talk to you soon, hopefully!
    Anonymous said...
    I totally understand the whole 'unpacking' delay. Ben and I have lived in our house for two years this month and I just unpacked the last of the boxes I had. So don't feel bad.

    Good luck with the photos! Can't wait to get one! =)

    See you soon!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home