Sooooo after waiting a week and half to put the final coat on the living room, due to the appearance of millions of tiny bubbles when we originally attempted it...we decided to give it a whirl today...and shocker of the day...we still got bubbles. Not only that, but when we tried to pop the paint bubbles, the paint peeled off down to the primer coat. Wow. So apparently we are top of the line painters...now we're in the process of ripping the paint off the walls, sanding them all down, and repriming them. I could not be more thrilled. Rex is beyond exstatic also. I guess this means that the primer coat wasn't dry when we first started? Who knows. Just thought we'd let you all share in our fun. On the plus side, we're moving into our real bedroom today, and moving the living room stuff to the spare bedroom while the living room is in total destruction. I love being a home owner! Here are a few pics of the joyous fun...

How sweet is that?


Check out the lovely pink tinted primer now...


Rex ripping the paint down...


More fun...good thing it's latex paint. Non-toxic and such. :)


5 Comments:

  1. Britta said...
    Oh my gosh!! That sounds like such a pain! Painting is exhausting enough (I think) and to have to do it all over again...I feel your pain. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Just think, you'll laugh about this in the future although it's not very funny right now. Good luck with the redo.

    It was great hanging out with you the other night and I'll see you again this coming weekend! Yea!
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    Whoa. Gross. Sorry about that. I like the color though! :) May the force be with you. See you on Saturday.
    Anonymous said...
    I hear you and the stress of being a homeowner....not a day goes by where we just shake our head and wonder when our luck is going to change. Good luck with the re-do, I can't imagine it being fun. I feel your pain though, I never knew owning a home was this much work!! -Melissa
    Anonymous said...
    Boy, does that look like a good time.

    NOT!
    =)
    (how old school was that?!)

    Yeah, we had to paint every single room in our house when we moved. In one room, the wallpaper was so thick with layers we just covered it with wood panelling and painted it. Crazy.

    The payoff is well worth it though. Keep on truckin'
    Anonymous said...
    hope it's ready by the time i want to come and stay. ;) good luck with the rest. sorry to hear it's been so bad thus far.-john

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home