It's a Boy!

So we had an awesome weekend, kicked off on Friday by the arrival of one incredibly cute baby boy. I was home Friday running errands in Portland and trying to get ahold of Rex around 5:30 just to see what the game plan was for the weekend...he was stuck in a meeting however and gave me a call around 5:40 and said he'd received a call from Ben but hadn't been able to pick up as he was in a work meeting...so I said, "OMG, call him back call him back, then call me!!" Then proceeded to dance around the kitchen waiting for his call. He called back a short bit later and let me know the good news. Baby Barrett had arrived and everyone was in good health. This began the scramble for him back to Portland, then us into Lansing to see the happy family. :) It was wonderful. I guess I'm starting to turn into one of those sappy, lovey people, okay, I'm totally lying. I've been one for awhile now, family is just such an amazing thing and I couldn't be happier to be marrying into such an awesome family. :) We've both been so lucky to have such a wonderful group of people in our daily lives. Okay, so basically it was just great. Congrats to everyone involved. Such an exciting time.

We headed home and somehow found the energy to play a few rounds of euchre with the fam and Zack. He brought over some of his home brewed beers and we had a good time as always. Life is good. Saturday we headed back to G.R. for the afternoon to get some much needed work done, but then headed back to Portland for the evening as Rachel was in town from New Jersey. It was good to catch up with and hang out with some people we don't usually see. Wow. So all in all and excellent weekend. The cherry on top, my 8'o clock class was cancelled today. Yahoo!

*Since I forgot my camera, go figure, here are some "bootlegged" photos... :)

The happy family! :)

Uncle Rex and his new nephew

My turn. Yay!! :)

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Isn't he the most perfect baby? Now we have some serious spoiling to do! Really, isn't that our job as aunts? =)

    I can't wait to see him again! And you guys, too!

    p.s. we're coming to the Nov. 4th UofM game against Ball State because Ben's cousin plays for them. Tailgating? What? =)
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    Awe Monica. I love lovey people and I'm so happy you're joining the family. Eventually, you'll be popping out wee bundles of joy too :)

    Erica, yes we'll be tailgating for Ball State! Come on over.
    Britta said...
    Thanks for being able to share in the moment with us! I am so happy that you are a part of our family!
    Anonymous said...
    I'm so jealous of everyone who to to see the baby, but not me yet! Oh well, soon enough. I agree w/you Monica for marrying into sucha great family, it makes everything so fun and great!! Love, Melissa

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home