Belated Celebration!

So, after a month of writing, I did it. On Monday, I finished off my 50K words and "won" NaNoWriMo. It definitely felt amazing to complete it, the story isn't quite finished yet, but I think it's coming together nicely. Maybe someday I'll let everyone read the whole thing...but that's definitely a ways out at this point. Here's your last teaser, enjoy!

"Our plans are set into motion, though I dare not speak of them, for fear of jinxing them. All I can hope is that all goes as planned, there are many specifics, many things that could go so terribly wrong. For now I pray for good weather, smooth seas, and ships that reach their destinations when planned. Sophie and I will sail along with Ben for this his final journey as Benjamin Briggs, we leave in just a few short weeks, and at that point, I have a feeling all of our lives will change, in more ways than we can possibly imagine or prepare for. But, it’s been decided. The die has been cast; the future is ours to claim."

2 Comments:

  1. Keri said...
    Congratulations, Monica!
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    Ok, it's on, can you print out manuscripts for everyone to read at Christmas? :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home