Ah who doesn't love a weekend? I loved this past one quite a bit, in fact I loved it so much that I thought my story would write itself in my absence. My bad. Yesterday I was supposed to hit the "half way" point of 25,000 words. Needless to say, I'm not there. I'm stuck at 22,227 at the moment and don't know where I'm going next. My characters just aren't giving me the material to work with, and I'm paranoid that it's a big story of nothing, no suspense, or events, just a trivial explanation of everyday life. Sigh. I'm already wanting to go back and do a huge edit, but am forcing myself to push ahead and not so that I can get to the word count at least. For now, here's another unedited teaser, hopefully my next post will bring a higher word count! :)
"Haphazardly leafing through a particularly old stack, I came across a thick leather bound book about the shape and size of the journal I kept these days. I rubbed my thumb across the embossed rose and vine design along the edge of it’s cover and flipping it open I saw handwriting that hadn’t come from any recent time period. Scrawling cursive littered the pages, and the passages had a cadence that left me stumbling over the words. First impression told me it was someone else’s journal, so I set it back on the table and continued on my way. What on Earth would I want with someone’s old mindless ramblings of his or her daily life? Sure, I thought mine contained observations and thoughts of a genius, but don’t we all?"