So, I've been thinking, maybe to help keep me accountable on this writing thing, maybe I should do "progress" updates with a passage I've written? It'll keep me honest and maybe help me stay on track. (And provide some cheesy reading for you to boot) So here goes..

I'm at word count 4,695, I'm "supposed" to be at 10,000 by the end of the day. We'll see how that goes, it is only 8:20. Yes, I realize it's a Friday night, and I'm chilling with my laptop in the living room in my pjs writing while Rex sits with his working on what not, we did movie night last night. Plus there's a big ol' 60th birthday bash for Rex's dad tomorrow that we need to rest up for anyhow. :)

Here's your excerpt for the day, enjoy!

"Feeling the boat drop it’s speed cued me to the fact we were getting close. As in tradition, we had headed toward the front of the ferry to watch it dock on the island for the weekend. The carefree and anticipatory attitude of the other passengers was contagious and it mingled with the saltiness in the air. Even though I had grown up in the Midwest, I still had an appreciation for the ocean. Lake Michigan had its own distinct flavor that could never be replicated, but that didn’t discount my affection for the briny hint of sea. The vastness of any body of water was something that always brought me peace. The rhythm of the water, whether it was casting powerful waves that crashed along the shoreline or when it simply lapped at the sand, definitely brought me a calm sense of self."

2 Comments:

  1. Jocelyn Edin said...
    So are there man-eating monsters on the island? Ooh, can't wait! teehee

    Very nice flow, description. GoNaNoMon!
    Keri said...
    I like this idea!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home