So, I'm hanging out, trying to get some writing done before our living room becomes a war zone at midnight. Yes, tonight is the release of..I can't remember, I keep calling it "World at War Modern Warcraft" and I know that's definitely not the name of it. Anyhow, I'm supposed to be writing, and just am having a hard time getting into it, so I thought I'd put up another blog post. I got quite a few words in on Sunday, being disconnected from the internet REALLY cuts down on the distractions. Who knew I could get so much done unplugged? I even had time for a walk in the woods and a 35 minute run, it was a great weekend. :) So current word count: 12,605...I'm supposed to have 15,002 at the end of the day...again, I'm going to miss my target it looks like. On a brighter note, I've been thinking about the whole Twilight only being 25,000 words thing, and thinking that didn't make any sense. So I did a word count search, it's more like 118,000+ words. It brought me a bit of relief, mine will only be like half that size at the end of the month. SO much more manageable in my mind. So with a sigh of relief, here's another lovely, unedited piece of rambling from the story...enjoy?
"I remember that afternoon with clarity. He’d come home from his trip to New York earlier than usual and with a grim set to his face. Luckily Jonathan had left the day before and I’d had time to set the house back in order. As Ben slowly unlaced his boots, I put hot water on for a cup of tea. My hand shook so violently as I tried to pour the water that I splashed it all over the table and burned myself. Ben came up behind me and gave me a gentle embrace, showing more tenderness than I’d felt from him in months. His scent was unfamiliar after the time I’d spent with Jon and to add to it, I caught the whiff of something more exotic and perfumed than the rose water I usually wore. Confused, I pulled back sharply. He said it was time to have that talk."
Aunt Marcia