48 sticks of butter.

So back in the days of WW meetings, the group leader always helped us feel better about any weight loss by comparing it to sticks of butter. It's something that has stuck with me, since I love butter, and I can easily envision a stick of it, or the 4 pack of sticks which equals a pound. It's become my measuring stick so to say. I got back in the swing of workouts last night with Erin which was great. I really missed them while on vacation, more on that in a bit. I hopped on the scale before the workout and saw that I was down a total of 12 pounds since I started, which didn't seem like a lot (I mean peeps on the Biggest Loser lose half of that in a week sometimes). But then I started thinking about my butter sticks, and where I started, and realized, that's a LOT of sticks. It really put things back in perspective for me. I'm not where I want to be yet, but I've done a great job so far, and that makes me proud! I can stick with this, and I will get there eventually. :)

On other healthy fronts, I'm going to be doing a 5K in June. This is a big step for me, running outside is HARD. I'm so used to the elliptical, but it will be a good challenge, and it will be interesting to see what my time ends up being. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

We escaped the last bit of chilly weather (fingers crossed) and took the trip down to Florida about a week ago. It was wonderful as usual, and besides the great company of Jojo and Bob, we got to spend the trip with Britta and Ben. It was a blast, lovely weather, great food, and lots of fun. And just because it's become a running habit, we took a picture at the proposal spot again.



The vacation was followed by the Twin's first birthday party, which was loads of fun, and great to see everyone. Then a quiet Easter visiting family some more. I can't believe how quickly the first couple of weeks of April have come and gone, this week seems to have started yesterday, but it's already Friday. Whoo hoo! I'm off to enjoy the gorgeous 70 degree and sunny weather!

3 Comments:

  1. Anne said...
    Congrats on the 12 pounds. That's awesome!
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    Great photo of you guys!
    Melissa said...
    Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the great work! Yes, great photo of the love birds :)
    -Melissa

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home