outside of the country!!!"
Yes, our passports came. They were actually waiting for us when we got back from Florida, which was about a month ago. Not sure why I'm jussssssst getting around to writing this, but ah well. I am pumped to say the very least! In addition to this I booked our tickets to Mexico for the wedding this summer, we'll be roasting in the sun for about a week July 30th-August 5th. I just love planning trips and traveling, I think I would go on permanent vacation if I could.
So...in 5K training news...I can actually run. Outside and everything. And, I'm kind of enjoying it. I know, I'm as shocked as you are. For the past couple of weeks I've been going on "long" runs with the group on Sundays, running with them on Tuesdays, and then one night a week I drag Rex and my cousin's wife out to the park to torture them by making them run intervals with me. Last night while gutting it out and trying to pick up the pace for the last minute, I came to the realization I was really enjoying it. That thought had slowly been inching it's way out of my brain the whole night. While gazing at the open path ahead, listening to the river rush by, and hearing my feet beat a steady rhythm against the concrete, I was at peace. My lungs weren't burning, my knees didn't hurt anymore,(turns out it REALLY helps to pick your feet up when you run, who knew?) and it just felt really damn good to be flying through the sprinkles on a cool Wednesday night. I'm sure "flying" isn't an apt description of how I actually looked, but in my mind I was, and for now that's what really counts.
3 Comments:
-
- Jocelyn Edin said...
9:38 AMWhen I realized that running could be fun and not hurt, I was so happy too! It's such a nice way to work out and burn calories. Go Mon!!!- Anonymous said...
2:01 PMI'm so glad you are having such fun running!! and you are going to Mexico??? For a wedding??? who's getting married in Mexico?? Well we will enjoy seeing you at the cottage! Jojo- Kari said...
7:38 PMI KNOW THAT FEELING. I love it...running clears my mind :) Now you know why I'm so anti-elliptical. And yay passports!