Oh wow. Yesterday was one of those days! You know those days, you're there, but obviously you're not...
Case in point numero uno: I took the time to go grocery getting. Got everything off my list, even a 12 pack of Coronas to go with the limes already chilling in the fridge. I went through the self check out aisle and used my awesome reusable bags from Envirosax , carted it, and wheeled it out to my car. Loaded it in and hopped on the highway glad that that little errand was done for the day and hopefully another week. I got about two exits away from home when it hit me. That juicy 12 pack was still sitting on the bottom shelf of my cart, in the 28th street Meijer's cart corral. So I called, they assured me that some good Samaritan would bring it in from the lot, for sure. Riiiiiight. I mean, c'mon, it's a free 12 pack of Corona. Who looks that gift horse in the mouth? But regardless of if some good soul brought it in or not, I get to stop back in today with the receipt and pick up another 12. Meijer is space cadet friendly.
And to drive the point home: Sitting in the turn lane, waiting for the light to change so I can book it to PetCo, snag some cat chow, and roll home after work. The light changes, I floor it. Go about 5 feet and realize that was for the people going straight, not the turn lane. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic and I could back up those couple of feet. Even more lucky, it was dark out, so no one could see the massive blush I was sporting. I totally pulled a "Mom." Any by that I mean, I've seen my mom do this on two separate occasions while in the car...maybe it's genetic?
I'm sure today will be nothing of a repeat (rolls her eyes), I've got some errands to run and a 12 pack to pick up. The newest book in a series I'm reading comes out today, so I get to swing by Barnes and Noble and browse for a bit. (SO EXCITED!!) Work eventually (blerg), and then the Biggest Loser is on as my evening entertainment for a run. Tomorrow is my first "official" work out with Erin. I can't wait! She's had me keep a food log this past week and count calories and so far, so good. I have no clue about what my weight is, since I realized our scale is broken (damn shame). But my pants are fitting better in the thigh area, which means some small progress has been made and I'll take it! More tomorrow, or the next day, or well, realistically, who knows when knowing me!
And the driving, I think you pulled a Melissa, because that has happened more than I can count.
In fact, I find I'm a space cadet quite often.
-Melissa