On a Roll!

Oh yeahhhhhhhh check it out, third day in a row! Are you impressed or what? I am. So in all my woe about lost beer yesterday, I didn't get to share with you the excitement of the rest of the day. I have two new books to read, the ever anticipated Envy, part of a new series I've been reading, it's by Anna Godbersen (?) or something like that. I could get up and walk to the shelf and look, but that's not an option now. My body would not be happy, I'm already in a comfortable seated position, and I'm staying put...more on that in a second. So big excitement to start that sucker, I also picked up Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott. My good friend Kate recommended it to me to help kick my writing into gear. I'm really excited to read that one, maybe one of these days I'll actually start on a book...riiiiiight. But I can dream! : )

Now onto my horribly unmovable body. I thought I wanted to die yesterday after my first work out with the trainer, but, today is much worse and she said expect two days after it to be the worst. Ughhh I'm dreading tomorrow! As long as I'm not moving, trying to bend over to tie my shoe, putting on socks, lifting arms above my head, trying to sit on a chair, couch, toilet, etc. I'm doing AWESOME. As soon as I attempt one of the aforementioned items, I morph into a 95 year old lady. But, it's a good thing. My muscles needed to get into gear and maybe in another day or so they'll go back to normal. Needless to say, I quickly opted out of going for a run on the elliptical today, it's on my "to do" list for tomorrow. Rex thinks this is all hilarious, which I do too, I just feel horribly decrepit while I laugh. Life is pretty quality.

Random news of the day, my hair has now reached the length where I can throw it in curlers and it doesn't look crazy. Yay! In non related news, I ate my first ever Cold Pocket...apparently 3 minutes in our p.o.s. microwave doesn't quite get them to the temp. needed to eat. Unfortunately I discovered this while already in the car on my way to a hair cut...all in all a pretty quality day. Let's see if I can keep this "frequent" posting up!

1 Comment:

  1. Melissa said...
    Oh, DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness). My sisters and I curse DOMS. Yes, the second day is usually worse. My worst experience was not being able to sraighten out my arms (due to bicep soreness) for almost a week.....I ended up having to use a door frame. Surprisingly, cardio does help loosen everything up, until you sit down after the cardio and everything tightens back up again. Good luck and I'm loving the posting!!
    -Melissa

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home