So this post is a vent. In light that I don't have a full time position and the school year starts on Tuesday, I had signed up for subbing waaaaaaaaay back at the beginning of August. We're talking the 6th of August here, they (PESG) said it would be in the system by the tenth. I'm going to be gone the tenth so I figure it will be awaiting my return from Seattle on the 13th. No dice. I call again, you'll have your letter by the 18th for sure. Call if you don't. So on the 19th, I call again. I'm given a date of the 25th..are you noticing a trend here? So I call very pleasantly on the 26th, and they see my application has been input, but not activated. They say they'll activate it and the latest I'll get an e-mail would be this morning when I wake up...and guess what....
No e-mail.
I'm just really annoyed because I'd like to start subbing and getting back in the schools, I took the time to fill it out a month ago, had everything ready for them, and almost a month later they still don't have it together. There's a possibility of a long term sub position available, and I don't have my information to give to them. So once again, I'll start the day by calling PESG tomorrow and pleasantly asking them to please figure this out. Argh. Thank god for a long weekend up north...
2 Comments:
-
- Melissa said...
7:39 AMGood luck, Monica. The only positive I can put on this is there aren't many sub opportunities the first couple weeks of school, but hopefully the district gets organized sooner than later!! -Melissa- Anonymous said...
8:38 PMPretty new blog!!