A Dane Cook Moment

So, my birthday started off with a bang. And all Rex and I could think of was the Dane Cook joke this links to. We were laying in bed, about to pass out when, BANG! POP! SCREEEEEECH! Then silence. And all I could think of was, "Shit, please don't let it be my car. Of course I parked on the street last nite, there goes my car. Happy birthday to me." But with further peeking out the window, it was discovered that in fact my car was in one piece, (thank GOD!) however there was a much larger accident on hand. So, barefoot and in PJ's half the neighborhood went to see what was up. And it was bizzarre!! Two cars, apparently one rammed the other, still running, took out a powerline or two, crashed into the telephone pole and tree...and nobody was in them. They ALL ran!! I can't find an article about it yet, but I'm going to keep looking. So yeah, that was our exictement for the nite.

On a side note, Chicago was amazing, the book signing and author talk was absolutely wonderful and SO worth it. Yes I'm a nerd, but I'm an extremely happy nerd! Today I'm spending the day packing and doing laundry and then tomorrow I take off for the west coast.
I promise to take some pictures...and maybe my fingers weren't crossed when I typed that...maybe.... : )

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    "I was in my kitchen, cleaning a dish...I heard it, I came out..." Yes! :) Lucky your car wasn't an innocent victim!

    And hey, it's not nerdy to be excited about a book! If J.K. Rowling had been signing books I'd probably be camping out in front of the store for a week. Plus, Cheap Girls played the release party for the new Twilight book at the Barnes & Noble in East Lansing. I promise you there were some way bigger nerds there than you! :)
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    Happy b-day to you Mon. Enjoy your trip west. What an awesome gift for yourself :)
    Anonymous said...
    yes, yes, Happy Birthday! I have a card for you, I really do! It's stamped and everything! I'm terrible with these things, but I hope you had a jolly day, and trip! :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home