Updates!

On the job front...still turning applications, still crossing my fingers, still waiting....which means still working at One Stop selling imprintable fashions and most likely subbing when the school year starts. ; ) It's not terrible, and they give me most of the days off I request, which is important, and which I will get to in a minute...

On the summer front...this weekend is going to be another busy one, kicking off tonite for me. I conned Rex into the midnite showing of Wanted (James McAvoy-big sigh, he's my big celeb crush as of late)-Rex's comment about the movie tonite was, "Yes, of course I'll take you on a date to see your second husband." He's definitely a keeper. : ) Tomorrow's going to be a beach day, Lake Michigan, woot woot! Then we're headed to Saginaw for a graduation open house, and continuing up to the cabin afterward. Saturday we head back over to Traverse City for a friend's wedding. So excited, we'll be seeing some friends we haven't seen in quite awhile so it should be an amazing time!!! I picked out a new dress for the big day, hopefully my ghetto camera will cooperate and I can post pics next week. Sunday we complete our loop back down state for my sister's going away party. She moves on Tuesday to Washington D.C. to start her "real person/adult" job. So yes, it's a BUSY weekend, followed by another good one next weekend with the 4th of July! I just love summertime!

On vacation front...so, as the prior post mentioned, I've become obsessed with the Twilight book series and I snagged tickets to the book signing in Chicago, which means we'll be visiting our friends the first weekend in August and living it up big city style. I can't wait!! Rex has even agreed to read the first book before the signing...again, such a keeper. I love him bunches! We're such nerds together. : ) So after that long weekend...I leave for SEATTLE the following Friday. Yes, the time off has been approved, Beth has been notified, the plane tickets are booked, and I am SOOOO incredibly geeked. I haven't been to Seattle in like 10 years...it's going to be great catching up with Beth and exploring the city and the ferries. Unfortunately, it's going to be a solo trip, which will be odd, since I haven't done one in so long. Rex promised he didn't mind, and so off I will go.

Whew. So yep, I think that's the main excitement going on lately. Just loving the weather, being thankful for everything we've got, and enjoying life. It doesn't get much better than this...

2 Comments:

  1. Jocelyn Edin said...
    Awe, life is good :)
    Anonymous said...
    Glad that you are enjoying summer and having fun! Good luck as you continue to look for a job. I learned A LOT when I subbed for a semester after graduating. Plus, there are permanent sub jobs that come up throughout the school year that you could do as well.
    -Melissa

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home