I've been reading like crazy and LOVING it. My favorite new obsession is the Twilight series, I kept saying I wasn't going to read them, they couldn't possibly be any good...I was SO wrong. Anyhoo, enough about my book worm-ed-ness...
This past weekend we celebrated the big one year mark with a mini trip up north. We spent a gorgeous day on Mackinac Island on Saturday, the rest of the weekend it rained, but that day was absolutely beautiful. Half the time the camera had a smudge of sunscreen on the lens, which made a lovely effect on the photos, but they still turned out great. It's so nice to have a couple of days away from everything, sigh, I could go for another vacation...Random Mackinac fact, there are public tennis courts in the woods up by Arch Rock, next time you go, take your raquet! : )
On the job front, the interview wasn't super scary. It ended up being more of a "get to know you" interview to decide if I would get added to the pool of applicants for job openings in the Rockford district as a whole. So I've got my fingers crossed. We'll see how it goes. It's also official, my actual teaching certificate showed up in the mail today!!! Which is pretty darn exciting. Now if someone would just hire me... ; ) Really I can't complain and I'm not going to worry, there are leads here and there, it really is crazy how much who you know gets you places in the field of education. It blows my mind, so I'm just going to go with it and see where I end up.
Hope everyone is enjoying this AMAZING weather....happy June!
Good luck with the job! And it isn't only in the educational field that who you know matters more than your knowledge and abilities. It's true in every field.
Love,
Aunt Marcia