The mother of all....

COLDS! Ugh. So I was so proud of myself having made it through my semester of teacher assisting, and almost all the way through my student teaching without getting sick...I spoke too soon. Monday morning I awoke unpleasantly surprised, feeling like crap. Today's been the best day of the week, and I haven't missed school yet, but wow it would be nice to have a day to just catch up on sleep. But enough about that....

Things here are good, lots has been happening. I took the plunge and chopped my hair off about a week and a half ago. I'd been debating for awhile now, and wasn't sure even on the drive there. But it was time, I love it and it's so easy to style in the mornings. I'll post pictures one of these days, but there was an incident with the wax being a tad too hot...and so I looked like I had an eye lift for about a week...this led directly into my cold, thus no pictures yet. : ) The best part was trying to explain to 3rd graders what the heck happened to my eyes. At parent teacher conferences, where I was still healing, one of my students blurted out as they were leaving in reference to my brows, "My aunt had her eyebrows waxed a long time ago." Maybe they were just trying to be reassuring, but it was pretty embarrassing.

On the subject of humorous students....we were discussing Martin Luther King Jr. the other day, we've been reading the biography, and I asked them to recap what happened in the prior chapter. In the earlier chapter the protesters had been chased by dogs and sprayed with the fire hoses. By no means a humorous event, but out of the blue in response to my question, one student says with confidence, "They got hosed." I tried to keep a straight face, but couldn't after my teacher busted out laughing. He had no idea why what he said was so hilarious, but it still keeps cracking me up.

In the entertainment front, a couple weeks ago we got the pleasure of taking in the MSU vs. U of M hockey game at the Munn. It was spectacular! State won, but the next nite U of M won down at the Joe. Always a fun event to check out. This past weekend we headed out to the bar Friday with Rex's co-workers for a birthday, then randomly went with one of them to a comedy show at the BOB. And even more randomly, my cousin ended up being one of the people we met up with at the show. It was an excellent time.

We're counting the days here until Spring Break, and enjoying the change slowly into spring...both will be here before we know it!

2 Comments:

  1. Jocelyn Edin said...
    Bummer. Colds are never fun. And the eyebrow incident, another bummer... but maybe cause for some giggles? :)

    Would love to see you guys soon. Maybe it'll be when these twin babies are born!!!
    Anonymous said...
    I can't wait to see a pic of the new haircut....I keep telling Kyle I want to chop mine but I haven't gathered up the courage yet. I laughed aloud at your student's comment :) Hope you are feeling better and look forward to a pic of your new do! -Melissa

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home