Non-Existant...

Would be the word to describe the writings on this blog lately....I decided awhile ago that I would like to change the look of it, and started, then realized I just didn't have the patience. Somewhere along the attempt, I lost my ticker and can't figure out where to put it back in!!! So I took a hiatus from writing for a bit, in protest to my inability to make it a more interesting layout. : ) Not a big deal, nothing really new has been going on here, except mass amounts of snow, which means lots of snow days for me. I think I've had four so far since I started student teaching...and though I hate to complain, they're starting to get old. Just a bit...I'm sure I'll eat my words come mid-March, but for now some consistency would be nice!

I'm enjoying my new class, and the school is just beautiful, the parents I've met have been wonderful. I guess in general I'm just having a good time with it all, and really looking forward to April when I can venture out into the world. Rex and I have been talking, and it's not set in stone yet, but we're thinking about heading out-of-state for a couple of years. Now would be the time for us to do it, and we can always move back...so we've been tossing around which states we might want to head to, and haven't figured out much quite yet. We'll just have to wait and see!

A few weekends ago we celebrated my dad's 50th birthday with dinner and a U of M hockey game down in Ann Arbor. Lots of fun, it always reminds me how much I LOVE hockey! It's going to be a milestone year for both of my parents, this year is the big 5-0 for both of them, and my not-so-little brother also turns 18. It's amazing how fast time flies...Rex was laughing about it with me the other day, when we started dating E was still in middle school, and my sister was in high school! Crazy how fast that many years fly by! I guess it really helps to have someone special to pass the time with...

So other than digging ourselves out of the snow every morning, it's been the usual day to day stuff. Last weekend though, we did brave the forecasted blizzards and head up to the cabin. It was SO worth it. Just beautiful. Saturday evening we went over to Hartwick Pines and did the night time lantern ski, it was like a nighttime ski through Narnia. Not many hills, but beautiful and peaceful just the same. There's one more weekend they do it, the 23rd and it's awfully tempting to head up and do it again....

In a nutshell 2008 has been wonderful so far for us, we're truly blessed with wonderful families and friends. Life is good and it will be interesting to see what adventures are in store for us as the year continues...hopefully I'll post before another month and a half flies by, but knowing me...I wouldn't count on it! ; )

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Sounds like things are going to start getting exciting for you guys! Out of state? What an adventure! Glad you like your school, too!

    Only a few more weeks of snow - stay warm! :)
    Anonymous said...
    I was wondering if you fell off the planet...good to know things are going well. May I suggest Aurora, IL for a place to move to? It has a whole lot of nothing going on but we would love to have family closer :) Exciting to think about moving, especially at a time when other states are doing better economically than MI. Keep us posted!! -Melissa

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home