and not doing a whole lot of writing on my pretty much abandoned NaNoWriMo disaster-piece of 2010, I figured it was about time to get back to the blog. In the past six months there's been lots to keep us occupied here at Casa de Rainey. Races, laughter, trips, family events, football, the beach, basically just living life and enjoying it. Not a whole lot of writing's been going on, but sometimes that's okay. Anyhow, I'm back, for one blog posting at the very least...we'll see what happens.
So, last week I was attending a conference for my new position. Yes indeed, I've moved on from the wonderfully rewarding career field of part-time customer service (insert the biggest eye-roll ever here) and have joined the ranks of AmeriCorps, more on that later I'm sure. Perhaps a whole blog post devoted to just that, because, it's pretty much an awesome thing. :)
So, you know the drill at conferences, wait in the proper line for registration, pick up your packet/badge/etc. and get a move on the day. So I'm waiting in line, chatting with my co-members, and we finally get to the front of the line. As I'm standing there, staring at the piles of name badges on the table, it hits me.
I'm in the wrong line.
I've waited a good 20 minutes, in the wrong line.
Now the for the funny part, it's been almost 3.5 years that I've been married now. I never go by my maiden name, and yet, there I was standing in the good ol' A-H line like I belonged there. Definitely one of those moments. I excused myself, had a laugh at my own expense, and went to join my place in the proper line of O-Z's. Oh life, you're just a laugh a minute.