So, this past week has been wonderful. I'm done with another semester, last weekend was a ladies shopping weekend in Chicago, and life is just great. : ) I ended this semester of craziness on Tuesday nite with a presentation for my ENG 400 class, and am about 99% sure I 4.0'ed this semester, considering the hectic-ness of it all, I'm really proud of myself, and this is a definite first for me. On Friday I visited my new teacher and classroom of 3rd graders. It was great, she had me jump right in and work with them that morning, I'm LOVING it. It's such a big change from the school district I came from, the school is amazing. It's like no elementary school I've ever seen before, just gorgeous and set in the country. It's a bit of a drive to get there, but it's nice to get out of the city, and the kids seem to be a good group. My new teacher was telling me about the class, and it's really funny, we have 2 of the 4 siblings from a group of quadruplets, a pair of fraternal twins, and one of a set of twins in the class. Very funny, and fitting considering someone's going to be having twins in April! Anyhow, I'm just really excited to get started again, and can't believe I'm so close to the end of school and the beginning of this new journey. Sigh. SO happy. Yesterday Rex and I went to see I Am Legend, which wasn't bad, but the only reason we went was, dork alert coming up, they showed 6 minutes from the next Batman movie before it started. SO good, and can't wait for that to come out. Had a nice dinner out a Mexican restaurant we love, with some monster margaritas, and came home and vegged. Woke up to this lovely snow this morning, after watching it come down last nite, it wasn't a big surprise, but it's so beautiful. Can't wait to get the skis out and hit the trails...winter is here. : ) Loving having the house back, and all the time I'm getting to spend with Rex, it's really a great time right now. Happy Holidays everyone!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I am laughing out loud that you went to see a movie for the 6 minutes of the new Batman movie...you guys crack me up. I feel happier just reading your blog because it exudes joy!! So great to hear that everything is going so wonderful for you guys!! -Melissa
    Anonymous said...
    I was laughing out loud, too, when I read the part about the Batman movie. It is just so Rex! :) I'm glad to hear that things are going so well and that you are alreday loving your new school and students (especially the twins, right?!?). It will make the last hurdle that much nicer. I can't wait to spend some time with you two this coming weekend!! Have a great week and stay warm!
    Anonymous said...
    what a nice post. :) congrats on the good grades! (or at least the hopeful attitude!!) it true i haven't been in school for a while now, but i do remember that sense of accomplishment. and it's great that you're loving your new school!!

    and i'm totally excited to see that batman movie too, and i haven't even seen the trailer!

    see you very soon!!
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    You too cute Mon!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home