So it's been a month...

And all is well in the Rainey household. Our little pumpkin is chugging along, growing a bit more every day, we finished the spare bedroom's paint job and are starting to get the living room ready for a hopefully pain free paint job this year...we shall see though, since it was quite a fun time last year. Life is still good, but CRAZY busy. Weekends are the only time to do anything in-depth (like, oh, for instance posting a decent blog post) and since they've been pretty much booked solid until this one, not much has gotten accomplished. It's been some great weekends, a wedding weekend up in beautiful TC, Labor Day weekend and a 30th birthday bash, followed by a weekend of a 1st birthday and the continuing 30th birthday bash, which brings me to this weekend and a nice Saturday morning spent catching up on some missing zzzz's as well as catching up on everything with out time to do during the week.

Both Rex and I are pretty busy this semester, with his work 'til 5 and then teaching Tuesday/Thursday evenings until 9:30, it doesn't leave him much free time. I'm now in the classroom every day from 8-12, which has been great so far and a nice learning experience. The kids are wonderful, but there are a few who are trouble with a capitol T...but they're still great in their own right as well. On Mondays after this I head to class 'til 5:30, Tuesdays are class pretty much until 9pm and Wednesday-Friday, I head off to work until 7pm. Needless to say, it's kicking my booty pretty nicely at the moment and I completely understand the need for Friday nite happy hours... I LIVE for the weekends if only for the fact I can catch up on sleep and "me" and "us" time. But, I can't complain, because it's all been wonderful.
: )

I'm not really loving the Fall-ish weather at all. And am looking forward to the supposed 80's coming next week. (fingers are majorly crossed on this one!!!!!) If the weather does what it's supposed to we might head to Cedar Point next weekend...we shall see! Adios for now, and hoping I can post again before another month....

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ooh, Cedar Point. It's been years since I've been. If you go, ride the Millennium Force once for me! :)

    Sounds like you and Rex are doing well keeping it all together. Ben and I are constantly juggling busy schedules, so I can relate.

    Keep on truckin'! :)
    Anonymous said...
    I have to say I have been loving the cooler weather and I'm the opposite of you, I don't want any more hot days!! You guys are crazy busy....I'm glad you have the weekends to unwind and have some fun! -Melissa
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    Wow, crazy schedules! I guess that's what happens in our 20s and 30s, then eventually we get to retire, right? You can do it! Just keep swimming...

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home