ATTACK OF THE PICTURES!!!

Hey all, well, as promised I finally got around to adding some pictures!! So here we gooo....

First off I mentioned in the last post about coming home after the awesome bachelorette party to some new painting in the house! It looks excellent and really livens up things, we've still got more to do, but here's some of what Rex did do...

Entry Way (still needs another coat but looking good so far!)


Best view I could get of the hallway, I'm SO in love with the yellow, it makes me happy : )


Guest Bedroom, REALLY needs another coat...but loving the color so far

The last weekend in July, we headed up to Ludington to go camping for Saturday and Sunday. Last minute family time before they headed off to Italy. We spent all Sunday at the beach with the most gorgeous weather you could imagine. The water was a bit chilly, but SO crystal clear, it was beautiful. We enjoyed amazing sunsets both nites and even got to end the weekend with a surprise birthday cake, ice cream at the House of Flavors, and a walk on the pier. It doesn't get much better than that! Here are some pics from that excellent weekend....

Up in Ludington this piece of wood was just sticking out of the sand, doesn't it look like a giant seagull head? Too cool...

My parent's neighbors even came up to enjoy the weekend, it was a blast : )

The next two are the view of the beach we spent Sunday at, going out to the state park it's a pretty long drive and you can park along the side of the road and just walk down to your own piece of paradise. We had the luxury of setting up the pop-up camper to eat in and just chill in when we wanted to get out of the sun. AMAZING. :) Can't wait to do it again. It's hard to believe we didn't camp once last summer!



Sunset from the first nite...


Sunset the second nite from the pier...


And last but not least...our pumpkin plant...it's even bigger now with tons of big orange blossoms, I'm REAALLLY hoping for some pumpkin action come fall....

That about sums it up on the photos. It's been a great couple of weeks, rounded out Monday by the end of my summer classes and yesterday with a fun birthday! To quote my sister, "When I get back we'll have to go get a quarter barrel to celebrate. Or maybe we can play quarters." She's hilarious. But it was an excellent day, the customers weren't too crazy at work and we had the most amazing dinner out at an Italian restaurant in GR. If anyone wants to come visit, we're DEFINITELY looking for a reason to go back! Yummiest food EVER! : ) All in all being 25 isn't too terrible, I guess I'll live. ; ) Chicago with friends this coming weekend...we can't wait!! See everyone soon!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I spent last weekend in Pentwater, so close to Ludington. Isn't it heaven?!? See you soon.
    Anonymous said...
    Looks like you have been having fun and the colors look great in the house! Happy belated birthday and enjoy your time in the windy city this weekend....hopefully it cools down a bit before you come; today is a heat index of 100 degrees, YUCK!! -Melissa
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    I love your enthusiasm for life Monica. I can just hear your intonation and it's so contagious. Happy belated birthday (again)! Have fun this weekend. Yahoo!!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home