Ughhhhhhh, so my "retro" computer hasn't been recognizing the cord when I plug in my camera to up-load pictures...which means, yet another post with out pictures. Which is a bummer since we finally got some painting done, okay, Rex got some painting done while I was away playing at the bachelorette party last weekend! :) Too sweet of him! Our hallway and entry way are now a cheery yellow and the spare bedroom has the first coat of green on it. It looks really good, now if we can just get the second coats on and re-do the bedroom and re-do the living room...we'll be in great shape! Far, far from done in terms of jazzing up the house...but it's slowly getting better. We also have had a bit of a funny phenomenon happen...I noticed a huge plant slowly growing up over our front steps about a week ago, getting bigger and bigger...then realized it was a pumpkin plant. Which is hilarious because last fall when our pumkins rotted we just rolled them off the porch into the bushes on the sides. And apparently, they decided to take root...I can't wait, and am REALLY hoping for a pumpkin patch in our front yard!
In other news, we picked up tickets to Wicked at the Wharton Center next summer. Britta called and mentioned that it was coming back due to high demand and so I got my booty online and snagged us some tickets. Rex and I both finished up the book and are super excited for this, even though it's like a year away. Ah well, guess we won't be moving out of state until July at least. ;) The rest of the summer is pretty booked up already. Class ends in about a week and a few days and then it'll just be work until school starts up again at the end of August. I'm a little bummed that my Spanish is coming to an end. I just can't fit it into my hectic school schedule in the fall, but might try in the winter when I'm student teaching...we'll see. I guess I've come to the decidsion that I'd just like to learn the language a bit more without getting graded on it.
As for the end of summer coming up fast, we've got camping this weekend (YAY!) then I work next weekend. The following weekend is Chicago, then a weekend in Portland doing some canoeing and visiting. The next one is the big wedding and school starts that following Monday and then just looking forward to Labor Day and football season and it all starts over again. Not bad, but it's still crazy we're heading into August soon!! As always, I'll try and get my camera working again and maybe get some pics up here, but we'll see. :)
glad to hear you're coming along with the house! the final product is always worth it.
hopefully we'll see you soon! :)