Best Day EVER! : )

So, June 9th, 2007 went down as one of the most amazing days of my life. I still can't believe it came and went so quickly and without a hitch. The weather was gorgeous, the company was wonderful, and it was a heck of a good time! Case in point, we passed out at like 8 o'clock Sunday nite, and slept straight through until 9 am the next day. We were partied out! My abs hurt the whole next day from all the laughing and smiles on Saturday. It was an excellent feeling. I'm still riding on the high, even though day to day life has returned in full force. We both still check the sneak peek on our photographer's website daily and it brings a smile each and every time. It's so fun to see a ring on Rex's hand, and it's getting more and more comfortable to call him "husband." Really, we are just unbelievably blessed with such caring and fun familes and friends. I know we've said it and said it, but it's true. Everyone helped make the day incredibly special. A big thank you to everyone, and hope you all had as rockin' of a good time as we did!!

There are so many wonderful moments from that day, but here are a few that still make me laugh, smile, and just be incredibly greatful for everything...

* My parents, the attendants, and me standing by the B.A.V. the wind blowing slightly, sun shining, waiting, and finally not being able to wait anymore. And me blurting out: "Let's get this show on the road, I want to get married!" and off went the first set of attendants.

*Laying in bed the morning of and watching the sun shine through the curtains and smiling and realizing it was really going to be the perfect day.

*Brushing my teeth in my hoop skirt and long line bra and holding up my veil so I didn't get toothpaste on it...and everyone cracking up at me...

*Walking through the sand and realizing my dress was catching it...a LOT of it and slowly taking me down too, so I had to hike it up. : )

*Meeting my groom at the "altar" with a big grin on my face, incredibly ready to marry him, and loving the location!! Blue sky, not a cloud in sight....ahhhhhh perfect!

*The huge grin on Rex's face when "Come on Feel the Noise" started playing and we got ready to enter the reception

*Corey's (one of the groomsmen) reaction to our first dance song..apparently he loves anything to do with or even remotely related to "The Wizard of OZ"...

*Jojo and Bob, last ones on the floor for the Anniversary dance, and the look on their faces, it was priceless and unforgettable

*Same goes for Rex's dance with his sisters, and also his dad. The emotion was overwhelming.


And the list goes on and on and on and on...I really should write it all down. Maybe one of these days, until then the pictures will have to do the talking. Love you all and thanks again for a memorable day!!

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Yay! Wedding posts!! I've been waiting and waiting! :)

    I can't stop telling people that your wedding was the best we've ever been to. And we've been to a lot of weddings. It was perfect and unique and we had such a great time.

    Congratulations you crazy kids.
    Anonymous said...
    Awe, I love your special moments! I just had a huge smile on my face as I read them and "felt the love." I'm glad to hear that you are still experiencing the happy bliss....it is such an amazing feeling :) -Melissa
    Dawn Cooper said...
    Monica & Rex, checked out your wedding pics and they are awesome! Such a beautiful wedding. You can definitely see the love and happiness floating in the air. Congrats to both of you and may the world be yours to conquer together! Dawn (britta's friend)
    Anonymous said...
    What a great day! You were beautiful and my brother was oh so handsome! :) Keep smiling!
    Jocelyn Edin said...
    Yep, ditto to all. Life doesn't get better than a day like that and a family like ours. Love you guys.
    Anonymous said...
    OK, Monica..new ticker time! You're into the negative numbers now! :)
    Anonymous said...
    Love the new ticker and congrats on the no work weekends!! Yeah!
    Anonymous said...
    Monica and Rex what can I say, what a beautiful day! I have never been so proud and blessed to have you as my daughter and Rex as my new son-in-law! Much love to the both of you....mom
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the comment!..I've been visiting your page on a regular basis;)...and congrat's on your wedding..you looked beautiful!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home