Chickpea Pot Pie

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe, and it's a rainy day, perfect for some comfort food...I adapted this one from my old "go to" chicken pot pie recipe and got the idea to use Chickpeas instead of chicken from a recipe in Vegetarian Times, a lovely new magazine subscription my sister sent me. :)

Chickpea Pot Pie

*1 can chickpeas
*1 can cream of celery soup (15oz)
*Frozen mixed veggies (You could use fresh chopped too, I went for convenience)
*Black pepper
*Frozen pie crusts (or, if you're not lazy like me, you could probably whip up your own)

1) Drain and rinse your chickpeas, toss them in a bowl with the can of soup and veggies and mix them well. Add black pepper to season. You might be asking, what's the exact measurement for the veggies? I have no clue, I usually just eye ball the mixture and try to estimate if it will fit in the pie crust or not...

2) Pour into the pie crust, top with another pie crust, toss in the oven and bake at 350 or 375 for anywhere from 35 to 45ish minutes, depending on how fast the crust browns up, oven temp, etc.

3) Enjoy! I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the chickpeas tasted in this, and my favorite chicken eater even said it was delicious. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home