Okay so it's been about a month...which is more than awhile. I'm racking my brain for funny stories to tell, and coming up blank. Apparently when you're subbing and working a boring job it tends to numb your brain. Such is life...maybe over the extended holidays I'll find a funny or two to relay. So in light of no grand tales...I'll just chat about our weekend up north with a few of my favorite things..wine, friends, and mac n' cheese.
So after gorging ourselves silly on turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes, rolls, mashed potatoes, and did I mention rolls? on Thursday, we loaded ourselves up and headed to Traverse City for a weekend of even more gluttony. Along with three other couples and adjoining hotel rooms, we spent Friday through Sunday morning basking in the frigidness that was up north. Given our performance Friday evening which started at 5pm and ended in the wee hours of the morning, and ended only when we got yelled at by the hotel manager for our rowdiness (yes, we are SUCH mature adults) we still were up and ready to go Saturday morning for the main reason we headed north in the first place, the great macaroni and cheese bake off!
A little side note about Friday evening, this time I did not steal hot dogs off from anyone's tray, nor did I dance in the hotel fountain. Although there was a Christmas tree set up in it and no water, so that may have been the main deterrent...
On with the wine and cheese...so basically we ended up touring all 7 of the wineries on Old Mission Peninsula (GORGEOUS views!) and they had varieties of gourmet mac n' cheese at each one that they had paired with wine. As if that weren't enough, we also decided to do wine tastings at each of the stops. Needless to say, I bought more wine than I would have sober, and was ready for a nap by the time we were through. All in all I would recommend doing this at least once, although, I would say by the end of it, I was sick of all the mac n' cheese. I know, GASP, the blasphemy of it. How can one possibly grow sick of mac n' cheese??? I assure you, it was only a temporary thing, and I promptly resumed my carbalicious ways on Sunday evening with a feast of plain ol' Kraft Mac n' Cheese for dinner...and that's all I've got for now.
Another side note...I am boycotting posting pictures until I get a new digital camera, soooo if you're sick of just hearing about things, with no pictures to go along with them...see if you can give Rex a nudge in the right direction. Thanks in advance! Mwah!
I love your writing so I can handle going without pictures for a while :)
And I love that little Twilight/Zoolander animation. Very funny.
I'm not usually envious of TC trips in the winter (I hate the snow) but the wine and mac'n'cheese tasting sounds amazing.
-Melissa