So as some of you may know, living in the city doesn't bring a large extent of "wild life" at least not the animal kind. It's not something you're subconsciously expecting to go shooting out from behind a tree, etc. etc. So imagine my surprise the other day when I was wandering out to our affectionately overgrown "garden" (cough..brush pile..cough...weed pit) to dump my horribly ruined attempt at homemade mac and cheese. Oh yes, in the battle of Monica vs. The Macaroni, let's just say I lost horribly. But that is a story for another day. Not paying much attention, I wander recklessly through our over grown lawn to quickly dump my mess and be done with it, while I'm dumping I notice some cool orange flowers that seem to have sprouted out of the chaos. I have no idea where they came from, so I lean a bit while still scraping the pan out to get a closer look...
...then in a clatter of paws, out of the jungle that was our garden a crazy little rabbit comes flying, zig zagging, and scaring the bejeezus out of me. I'm amazed I didn't lose the spoon and pan, as well as other bodily fluids. After I calmed my shaky nerves, I took a moment to admire it's cuteness, and whisper some choice words under my breath and headed back inside to collect myself.
2 Comments:
-
- Melissa said...
12:36 PMAfter cracking up at your title and getting more laughs from your story, I was left wondering, "why are you dumping your mac-n-cheese in your garden? don't you have a garbage disposal or trash can in your house? do you dump all your trash in the garden?" Just curious :) -Melissa- Monica said...
7:59 PMHa ha ha. Okay, I should explain. No garbage disposal and I really wish we did have one. I also usually just dump the food in the trash, but we were going to be gone for the weekend and the trash was pretty much empty, so I figured I'd feed the Opossums and Raccoons and other various wildlife that would stomach the remains of my horrendous mac and cheese. : )