Dear Neighbors,
Terribly sorry that there are weeds growing through the cracks in our sidewalk. One of these days when we have the motivation, we'll work on cleaning those out and also mowing the lawn. We're apparently going for the "natural" look. Let us know if it gets to be too big of an issue, because we might not get to it for a few months, say when Fall finally rolls around...
To my poor seedlings,
I wish I had a better green thumb. Apparently I'm not so great at the water every day thing. My quest to have fresh grown cilantro whenever I wanted it was a big failure. On a plus side, the cactus is growing great...
Heath Ledger-
I'm sure you will be amazing as the Joker in The Dark Knight when we see it at midnight o' one tonite. It's so sad that like so many others, you've passed before your time. I have no doubt that you'll be the star of this excellent movie. The one that is so eagerly anticipated, it kept my husband from sleeping last nite...
To my lost friend sleep,
I've really missed you these past couple of days. Please come back to me and allow me to get a peaceful 8 to 9 hours one of these nights. This not being able to sleep until 2 and waking up early is breaking my heart. Where have you gone?! Your place has been filled by tossing and turning and bags under the eyes, please hurry home and fix this. Thanks.
To my lover-
I love the feel of your heat baking my skin. The way you bring constantly sunny skies with a few thunderstorms tossed in for variety. Your willingness to let me wear flip flops and open toed sandals for four glorious months and give me a reason to paint my toes an obnoxious bright pink are some of your best qualities. But how you warm up Lake Michigan, bring the most beautiful green to the world, and the bluest of skies is up there too. The blossoms you inspire to grow, the fresh fruit and vegetables, lazy days at the lake, ice cold beers enjoyed while floating down the river, weekends packed with friends and family, vacations and days off like it's nobody's business make my heart float on the clouds. The free hours you give me to read all the books I never seem to find the time for is priceless. I could go on and on, but alas my husband might get jealous of you, my favorite season of all...
2 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
12:19 PMYou are so creative and funny, I was very entertianed by your letters :) -Melissa- Anonymous said...
6:03 PMHave you ever thought of becoming a writer...what an amazing entry!