
So after a nice couple of days relaxing in paradise, we're back to the mitten and a cloudy, rainy, 40 degree day. I kept hoping spring would come to stay while we were absent, but it looks like I'll have to wait another few weeks or so, this winter doesn't seem to want to let go. Sigh. But on a brighter note, things are good with us. Rex is eagerly anticipating being done with teaching until next fall, I'm going into my last week of student teaching, and graduation is only 2 weeks away!! I was lucky enough to score my job back for the summer, and start a week from Monday. Hooray for getting paid to work!! So life is good, as usual. We really can't complain. :)
Some highlights from our trip...
*The 85 degree clear, blue-sky days
*Spending time with the grandparents
*Yummy food and restaurants (including Jojo's famous strawberry jam and homemade bread!)
*Bike rides, tennis, floating in the ocean, and general laziness in the sun
*The poshness of flying home 1st class, it was crazy! Love those frequent flier miles
*No worries or cares for 6 days...
Hope everyone is well, and see you all soon!
2 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
3:39 PMI am so envious of those pictures! Glad you had a chance to get away and so close to being done!!! Have you started applying to jobs yet? -Melissa- Jocelyn Edin said...
9:11 PMAhhh, I'm envious. So nice to see you this past weekend visiting the babes!